Service We Provide
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Maternity Care – including ante natal and post natal care.
- Child Health Care - developmental checks and children’s immunisations offered to all our children.
- Cervical Cytology (smear test) - to reduce the risk of cancer, cervical smear tests should be performed regularly (unless otherwise indicated by the doctors) between the ages of 20 and 65.
- Well Man Clinic - general health check.
- Diabetic Clinic - we run a diabetic clinic every Thursday. In general, patients requiring treatments with insulin are seen at the hospital clinic. All others who are not on insulin or who are well controlled are enrolled in the shared care scheme. This involves an annual hospital visit, but all other routine follow-ups are undertaken within the practice at the diabetic clinic.
- Asthma Clinic - patients with asthma are invited to see the doctor or the nurse during normal surgery times. We believe this is more convenient for the patient than holding a dedicated asthma clinic.
- Patients 75 Years and Over - if you are 75 years and over you will be invited to be seen by a member of the practice team i.e. doctor, health visitor, practice nurse or district nurse annually. This can be done at the surgery if you are well enough to attend or, if you are housebound, a home visit can be arranged.
- Travel Clinics - we run a travel clinic every Friday evening. We are able to offer comprehensive range of immunisations, including Yellow Fever. We make a small charge for some injections to cover our expenses. The receptionist will be able to advise you of the cost when you book you appointment. Immunisations can also be done at other times by arrangement.
- Health Promotion - both doctors and the nurses are happy to give advice on how to promote good health. In particular, the practice nurses can advise on diet and monitor weight reduction. In the interest of everyone’s health, smoking is not allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Flu Clinic - every Autumn we run an influenza immunization programme. We aim to immunise all those with heart disease, chest disease or diabetes as well as the elderly. If you think you may need an immunisation against influenza, please ask one of the doctors or nurses.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.